The KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship is an accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure that you have access to all the Championship amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our guests. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions please email us at DisabilityServices@pgahq.com. We will do our best to help you enjoy your Championship experience.
There are accessible pathways that connect parking, event entrances, the area around the Clubhouse including the practice range, each hole on the course, restrooms, food and beverage, and other amenities. Additionally, we encourage all guests with mobility devices to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Information Booth. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit. We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals.
ADA Parking will be located at the front of Lot C and Lot V for guests with disabilities. You will need a Disabled Person Parking placard, permit, or license plate to enter this parking lot. The person to whom the placard or plate is issued to must be present in the vehicle, as a driver or passenger.
DISABILITY VIEWING AREAS
There will be disability viewing areas made available to ADA guests to have unobstructed sight-lines on some of the most popular parts of the course. Disability Viewing Areas will be located:
- Hole 1 Tee
- Hole 4 and Hole 5
- Hole 17 Green
- Hole 9 and Hole 18 Green
Service animals are permitted throughout the grounds; however this does not include emotional support animals, therapy animals, or companion animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal’s work or the individual’s disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls
Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area.
Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
DISABILITY SERVICES SHUTTLE SERVICE
Disability Shuttle service will be made available for our disabled guests who need it. Pick-up locations include:
- Shuttle Stop 1: Ride-Share Lot
- Shuttle Stop 2: Main Entrance
- Shuttle Stop 3: Volunteer Entrance
- Shuttle Stop 4: Neighborhood Walk-In Gate
- Shuttle Stop 5: Adjacent to Hole 8
- Shuttle Stop 6: Hole 14 Tee Box
- Shuttle Stop 7: Championship Courtyard
- Shuttle Stop 8: SHCC Clubhouse
- Concessions: All concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with a concessions manager.
- First Aid: We have several First Aid locations throughout the venue, noted on the course maps and mobile app. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
- Special Dietary Needs: The KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship will offer gluten-free dietary options. For those with special dietary needs beyond the Championship’s food service, please contact us at DisabilityServices@pgahq.com
COMMENTS, QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS
PGA of America will consider any request by a guest with disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures or for auxiliary aids and services that will permit the guest equal enjoyment of the goods and services offered at the KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make the KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship more accessible we encourage you to contact us at DisabilityServices@pgahq.comfor any of your disability related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services please reach out to us.