Below you will find frequently asked questions. If you have direct questions that are not answered here don’t hesitate to contact us.
How do I attend the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship?
There are three ways to attend: purchasing hospitality, purchasing tickets or volunteering.
If I have to leave for any reason, can I return the same day?
A ticket, once scanned, will no longer gain admission to Championship grounds. If you plan to return to Harbor Shores the same day, please have security stamp your hand at one of the spectator entrances. Return to grounds requires a scanned ticket and hand stamp. The only exception is when the Weather Warning signs have been posted. In this situation, a hand stamp is not be required for re-entry. Please display your ticket in plain view at all times as security personnel do not allow admission for individuals without appropriate credentials.
What is your admission policy for Juniors?
As part of the PGA of America’s mission to grow interest and participation in the game of golf, the Championship is excited to offer up to four complimentary junior admissions with every paid adult ticket. Junior admissions apply to youth 17 years of age and younger and may be obtained on-site at the Admissions Office located at the main entrance on the day of entry. Please note, these tickets do not grant access to private hospitality venues.
What is your military admission policy?
To honor the men and women who serve our country in the United States Armed Forces, we are pleased to offer Active Duty, Military Retirees, Active Reserve, National Guard, Veterans and their accompanying guest (limit one) complimentary grounds access to the Championship. Upon arrival, military personnel must go to the Admissions Office at the main entrance to present their military ID in exchange for daily admission. Please note, these tickets cannot be upgraded to alternative venues, but are eligible for the junior admission policy.
Are cameras allowed?
Cameras are only allowed on-site during Practice Rounds, Tuesday and Wednesday, and are not permitted on-site during Championship Rounds, Thursday through Sunday.
Can we ask for player autographs?
Autographs may be requested and given at the contestants’ convenience, at the Practice Range and Putting Green, during Practice Rounds only. Please consult the Mobile Device Policy for guidelines regarding mobile device photo, audio and video capturing while on course.
What happens if the weather turns for the worst?
Please observe the Leader Boards and Thru Boards for the Weather Warning sign(s) which will appear when inclement weather is approaching the grounds. When the yellow “Weather Warning” sign appears, spectators are advised to take precautions and seek shelter PRIOR to play being suspended. When the red “Play Suspended” sign appears and the air horns sound, this means play is suspended and spectators must seek shelter immediately. In the event of inclement weather, please remember to avoid the following:
- Metal fences
- Telephone poles
- Open fields
- Golf carts
- Hill tops and high places
- Bodies of water
- Tall and/or isolated trees
What do I do with my mobile phone?
Mobile devices must be kept in Golf Mode setting at all times during the event:
- Set device to silent or vibrate, including but not limited to, ringer, notifications, and alerts.
- Camera flash turned off.
- Incoming and outgoing calls may only be made or received farther than 100 yards away from competition.
- Text, email, social posting and other data use is allowed on the golf course at any location providing players are not in position and about to play their shots.
- Mobile device photography, as well as audio and video capturing, is allowed in all areas during Practice Rounds (Tuesday and Wednesday).
- During 2020 PGA Championship Rounds (Thursday – Sunday), photography, audio and video recording are prohibited anywhere within 100 yards of competition or when requested by players, caddies, marshalls, volunteers, security or 2020 PGA Championship staff and officials.
Will there be WiFi access on the grounds?
Complimentary WiFi is available at a number of locations around the grounds. Keep an eye out for WiFi zone signs during your visit and make sure to download the 2020 PGA Championship app (Coming Soon)!
Are there any specific conduct, customs or etiquette I should be aware of?
Attendees are requested to display traditional customs of etiquette, decorum and behavior, and to obey all KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship policies including, but not limited to, those provided on each ticket, all posted signs and any instructions of Marshals and Officials. Inappropriate behaviors and/or failure to comply with standards/policies may lead to ejection from the Championship and/or cancellation of admission tickets, without refund.
Can I cheer and callout to players on the course?
Although cheering and positive gallery responses to great play are encouraged, unsolicited and consistent calls from the gallery toward players and others are prohibited.
What if I am late or really want to get somewhere quickly?
For the safety of everyone and in keeping with policy established at major sporting events, running is considered to be unacceptable behavior. Please take your time and enjoy the event.
Where should I stand to watch the action?
Please stay behind the gallery ropes and cooperate with instructions given by Marshals. Please kneel or sit if you are in the front row and remain still throughout each shot.
What if I notice someone being rude or acting out of conduct etiquette?
Anyone acting in a manner that is deemed to be abusive, derogatory, rude or aggressive may be subject to removal from the Championship premises and may be prohibited from returning to the grounds or attending any future PGA event.
What should I do to prepare for my day at the KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship?
- Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
- Wear a hat for protection from the sun and be sure to use sunscreen.
- Please leave all prohibited items, including ALL backpacks and any bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10”, at home or in your vehicle, as they will not be permitted on-course or stored at the Championship.
What items should I leave at home?
These bags types not allowed on the grounds
Prohibited bags will NOT be accepted or stored on-site
- Backpacks of any size and drawstring bags
- Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” in their natural state, with the exception of folding chair bags (chair must be removed from bag at security checkpoint)
- Bags larger than 10” x 10” x 10” sold in The PGA Shop will be tagged as prohibited for readmission due to size regulations
These personal items not allowed on the grounds
- Personal electronics such as computers, laptops, or tablets
- Drones, hoverboards, laser pointers, whistles/ noisemakers or selfie sticks
- Golf clubs or bicycles
- All oversized chairs with wide armrests (portable, folding canvas chairs will be permitted with carry bags searched prior to entry)
- Weapons of any kind (regardless of permit), including pocket knives
- Buckets, ladders, milk crates, or stools
These food & beverages not allowed on the grounds
- Food (except in limited quantities for medical, dietary, or infant purposes)
- Beverages (one unopened, sealed bottle of water per spectator is permitted)
Can I bring promotional signs or banners to the KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship?
Banners, posters, or signs are not permitted on the grounds. Any materials with unauthorized advertising or promotion should be left at home or outside of the main gates.
What other items should not be brought to the event?
Any item is subject to be deemed inappropriate or dangerous by Championship security at their sole discretion.
What methods of payment will be accepted at the KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship?
The following methods of payment are accepted on-site at the Championship, identified by location:
- Admissions Office: American Express, MasterCard, VISA & U.S. dollars
- The PGA Shop: American Express, MasterCard, VISA, and U.S. dollars
- Concession and Beverage Stands: American Express, MasterCard, VISA, Discover Card and U.S. dollars
Will you take personal checks at the event?
Personal checks are NOT accepted at the KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship.
What are the main gate hours during the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship?
Please check back as the event gets closer.
When should I expect players to arrive during practice rounds?
During the Practice Rounds, players are invited to play at their discretion. No advance starting times are available for the Practice Rounds. The Pairings Board will be located near the Practice Range and is continually updated as players begin their rounds from either the 1st or 10th Tees.
What food and beverage options are available onsite?
A wide selection of food and beverage options will be available to attendees of the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship. To plan your dining experience, please consult the on-site course map or pairing sheet for menu items available by their location on-course.
What are the dates of the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship
- Practice Rounds: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 – Wednesday, May 20, 2020
- Rounds: Thursday, May 21, 2020 – Sunday, May 24, 2020
Where do we buy tickets if we are interested in coming to the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship?
Guests interested in tickets to the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship should complete the form to be notified when more details become available.
Where do we go if we wish to learn more about volunteer opportunities?
Guests interested in volunteer opportunities at the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship should complete the volunteer application process and submit payment. Volunteer registration for the Championship begins on May 6, 2019.
Who is playing?
The KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship features…
2018 KitchenAid Senior PGA Champion
- Paul Broadhurst
- Bernhard Langer
- Rocco Mediate
- Colin Montgomerie
- Roger Chapman
Notable eligible players
- Tom Watson (2011 Champion)
- Tom Lehman (2010 Champion)
- Angel Miguel Jimenez
- Steve Stricker (2020 Ryder Cup Captain)
- Jim Furyk (2018 Ryder Cup Captain)
- Ernie Els
- Retief Goosen
- Vijay Singh
- Jose Maria Olazabal
Where can I purchase hospitality packages for the 2020 KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship?
PGA of America is your only source for official, onsite hospitality packages.